Upon request, we host private volunteer stewardship events for groups from Wednesday through Friday. Depending on the event, there may be an associated cost. Please read the overview information below, and then reach out to start planning your group volunteer event with us!
Please include the following information when you contact us:
- A main point of contact for your group. Each group needs a main point of contact to relay important information to other participants.
- Preferred project location. We match groups to current Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust projects where we know we need volunteer support. That means we cannot always accommodate specific location requests, and appreciate if you have some flexibility with your preferred location. Our most common project sites include, but are not limited to, Lake Sammamish State Park, City of Seattle Parks, Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie River Valley, and the Teanaway Community Forest.
- Desired date(s). Our calendar can get busy, so it is best to have multiple possible dates for your event.
- Expected number of people in your group. Include adult/youth ratio if you are requesting an event with any participants 14 years old or younger.
Group Volunteer Event FAQs
What types of groups can organize a custom event?
- School groups (if this is you, check out our Education Program as well)
- Corporate groups (if this is you, consider becoming a Corporate Champion)
- Any group of 10 or more individuals: birthday parties, friends, colleagues, meet-up groups, etc.
What are the minimum and maximum number of volunteers for a custom group event?
- We ask that a minimum of 10 volunteers attend a custom event.
- Depending on the event and funding, we may be able to host groups of 150+ participants.
What dates are available for custom group events?
- Currently, custom events are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We are able to accommodate custom events Wednesdays through Fridays. Saturdays are reserved for public events. You are welcome to bring a small group to a public event.
How far in advance should I reach out to plan my custom event?
- For events larger than 100 people, we ask for four to six months of advanced planning.
- For all other events, we ask for at least two to three months of advanced planning.
- Our availability to host events will be limited around Earth Day (April 22) and in the months of December, January, and February.
What types of stewardship projects do groups work on?
If you have any additional questions or wish to register your team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support from our corporate partners allows us to leverage resources to further our on-the-ground efforts, including offering Saturday volunteer opportunities at no cost for members of the public and community and school groups who also volunteer with us. Does your team have financial capacity to help support the volunteer experience?