Hikers and Climbers Stewardship Saturday
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
Little Si is the small peak southwest of Mt. Si. This is a relatively new trail built in 1985 that was all built by muscle, no machines. Little Si is not only a popular destination for hikers but for rock climbers as well. It offers great views of North Bend and the surrounding peaks. Due to the high numbers of hikers that use this trail annually, attention is needed to maintain this trail. Over the past three years, volunteers have contributed over 5,000 hours in bringing this trail up to more sustainable standards, including building rock turnpikes and steps, repairing drainage, and replacing signs.