WHAT: The Greenway Trust partners with King County Wastewater Treatment Division offer a paid internship experience for a cohort of high school interns to learn about local environmental issues, solutions, and careers focused on clean water in our region.
WHO: For high school youth at least 15 years old. We strongly encourage applicants who are new to exploring environmental topics and/or who are from communities that are underrepresented in environmental careers.
WHEN (2022): July 5 – August 17 (30 hours/week), followed by 40+ hours during the next school year.
WHERE: Interns meet in downtown Seattle on Monday-Thursday. ORCA cards are provided. On Fridays, interns meet remotely using laptops (which can be provided).
BENEFITS: Earn $17.72 per hour.
- Exposure to careers and skills related to: water quality, wastewater & stormwater management, communications, community involvement, education, engineering, and ecological restoration
- Learn about environmental and social justice issues by participating in field trips and workshops
- Public speaking and professional written communications
- Using data collection equipment for water quality monitoring
- Working in both office and field environments
- Independent professional work and time management
- Working with diverse peers in small groups
- Project management: Develop and implement project proposals designed for your school and community
How to Apply:
Visit the King County jobs website and search for “Clean Water Ambassador.” The application is open April 1 – May 10. We strongly encourage applicants who are new to exploring environmental topics and/or who are from communities that are underrepresented in environmental careers.