WHAT: The Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust partners with King County Wastewater Treatment Division offer a paid internship experience for a cohort of high school interns to learn about local environmental issues, solutions, and careers focused on clean water in our region.
WHO: For high school youth at least 16 years old. We strongly encourage applicants who are new to exploring environmental topics and/or who are from communities that are underrepresented in environmental careers.
WHEN (2023): July 17 – August 18 (28 hours/week, Monday-Friday).
WHERE: Interns meet in downtown Seattle on Monday-Friday. ORCA cards are provided.
BENEFITS: Earn $18.43 per hour.
- Learn about environmental and social justice issues by participating in field trips and workshops
- Improve communication skills through interviewing professionals, public speaking, and professional writing
- Create and implement a plan for teaching about clean water to your community next school year
- Exposure to careers and skills related to: water quality, wastewater & stormwater management, communications, community involvement, education, engineering, and ecological restoration
- Working in both office and field environments
How to Apply:
Applications are closed for 2023. Sign up here to be notified when applications open for 2024. Applications were open from April 15 – May 15, 2023. We strongly encourage applicants who are new to exploring environmental topics and/or who are from communities that are underrepresented in environmental careers