Volunteer Planting at Preston Mill
COVID-19 Update: We are dedicated to keeping volunteers and event leads safe during our events. Volunteers are required to follow our COVID-19 safety guidelines, regardless of vaccination status. These include proof of vaccination for participants 12 years old and up, and being ready to wear a mask.
In addition to our COVID-19 safety guidelines, please be prepared with the following:
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
- Gloves (provided)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- At least one full water bottle
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc…
This 22 acre site is located in Preston along the Raging River. Historically it is one of the oldest mill sites in the Preston area and was used for turning timber into lumber. The site has had little use in the past 15 years. This event will be to weed a restoration project along the Raging River and also to control ivy growing on the trees and to control over invasive species on site.