What to expect before an event:
- Pre-register online. No walk-up volunteering at this time. We need to know what to be prepared for, thank you for understanding.
- Signed waiver. All volunteers (youth and adult) must have completed the online waiver for every event they attend.
- Frequent communication. Putting on events during a pandemic requires frequent communication between volunteers and event leads prior to the event, so please be ready to follow up through e-mail if your event lead reaches out to you.
- Do not come to an event if you are sick.
What to expect at the event:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination. All volunteers ages 12 years and over must show proof of vaccination status (acceptable forms of proof can be found here).
- Smaller events. Volunteers will be split into smaller groups.
- Less frequent events. We will only be hosting events on a project by project basis.
- Shorter events. To eliminate contact time with others, you may notice our events are shorter.
- Bring your own water and snacks. We are eliminating shareable items where we can, and unfortunately that means no shared snacks.
- Maintain physical distancing. When possible, maintain a 6-10 feet physical distance from fellow volunteers and our event leads.
- Bring your work gloves. If you need work gloves, we can lend you a pre-washed pair.
- Frequent hand washing. There will be an identified hand washing station at each project and volunteers must wash hands upon arrival, and before and after each break.
- Limited tool sharing. Volunteers will have their own tools for the day and will not be sharing unless the tools have been properly sanitized between users.
- Be ready to adapt. At any point our public agency or public health guidelines change, processes will be updated to reflect current restrictions and practices.
What to bring to be prepared at all events:
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Snacks for break
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for food, extra layers, etc.
- Contact us at email@example.com or at (206) 373-1600 if you have any additional questions.