Tree Planting Celebration at Sammamish Cove
We are celebrating the start of fall and the native tree planting season with our Annual Tree Planting Celebration at Sammamish Cove in Issaquah. Planting events are excellent for individuals, families, groups, and work teams. Sponsored in part by Carter Subaru, the City of Issaquah, and Lake Sammamish State Park, the celebration will include food, music, and plenty of tree planting fun for the whole family. Coffee, bagels, and lunch provided for volunteers!
Plantings will help increase native plant diversity, canopy cover, and tree regeneration, all of which will benefit native salmon populations. Sammamish Cove borders Tibbet's Creek, an important salmon-bearing stream that provides vital habitat for species in the Lake Sammamish ecosystem.
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
- Gloves (provided, but you're welcome to bring your own)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers (be prepared for cool and wet conditions)
- Rain gear
- At least one full water bottle
- Small daypack for extra layers, etc…
April 22-26: Middle Fork Gateway Bridge Re-DeckingSee Details : April 22-26: Middle Fork Gateway Bridge Re-Decking
Help restore Dorre Don Natural AreaSee Details : Help restore Dorre Don Natural Area