Tree Planting at Sammamish Cove
Sammamish Cove is a former dairy farm adjacent to Lake Sammamish State Park. It borders Tibbetts Creek, a salmon-bearing stream, to the Northeast. Boasting sweeping views of the Issaquah Alps, the area has been overwhelmed by invasive weeds. Greenway Trust volunteers have worked hard to remove these invasive weeds along the creek. Join us as we plant native trees and shrubs throughout this site to continue to improve this important habitat.
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
- Gloves (provided)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- At least one full water bottle
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc…
Tentative: First Mailbox Gear Haul of the Decade!See Details : Tentative: First Mailbox Gear Haul of the Decade!