Trail Work Behind the Scenes
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
The Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust field base is located within Lake Sammamish State Park. It is used to store equipment and tools for projects throughout the Greenway, along with being the home base for different staff, crews and teams to meet and work from.
Essential to the operation of the trails program at the Greenway Trust is proper maintenance of our tools and gear. Volunteers can help immensely by cleaning tools and organizing the field base with us before the spring time rush hits. In doing so, you'll be one of the few volunteers with a behind-the-scenes understanding of our field base and how we prepare for trail work events! We hope you can join to help us prepare for our upcoming restoration and trail crew season.