For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
Join us in creating more sustainable trails throughout the Exit 38 area and Dirty Harry's Peak Trail. This area has become overcome with “social trails” from its frequent use. In order to maintain the health of the region, volunteers will be working on building a long-lasting, easy-to-hike trail to take the place of these routes. The future Dirty Harry’s Peak Trail will eventually provide access to climbing areas via designated spur trails off of the main hiking trail. Volunteers help keep is area in good shape so people can come back each year to enjoy climbing and hiking opportunities.