test volunteer event – logging turned on
Trailhead Ambassadors must come prepared with:
- Completion of online training
- A completed waiver (online and/or in person depending on trailhead)
- Cell phone and emergency contact information
- Water, lunch, and snacks to keep you well fed and hydrated
We recommend you bring:
- Extra layers, this is the Pacific Northwest! Dress as a role model for others that day.
- Sunscreen, or UV protective layers
- A folding chair
Mount Si is a favorite hiking and rock climbing destination with a strenuous 4-mile (each way) trail to the summit to sweeping views of the surrounding natural areas, cities, working farms, and forests in this picturesque part of the Greenway. This mountain may look like an impenetrable fortress of solid rock, but it is actually quite fragile. Less than an hours drive from Seattle, Mount Si trail is one of the most hiked trails in the state. Every year thousands of hikers scramble to the top and the impact takes its toll on vegetation and wildlife habitat. Join the work on Mount Si that the Greenway has been a part of for over a decade by volunteering to improve trail drainage, reduce erosion, cut back overgrown brush, and harden the trail surface.