National Trails Day in the Middle Fork Valley
Located along the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie River, the Middle Fork campground is a great spot to stay for easy access to all the beauty Middle Fork has to offer. Nested within the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, the campground provides a place to camp while exploring some of the 1,500 miles of trail throughout the area, for viewing amazing vistas of Mt. Baker on clear days, or for a chance to spot wildlife in the area such as mountain goats, coyotes, pine marten and a variety of migratory birds and native fish. This campground is frequently visited, and volunteers work to maintain the popular picnic areas and campsites.
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.