Garfield Ledges Trail: National Public Lands Day
Help us complete the Garfield Ledges Trail, the newest scenic vista trail in the Middle Fork Snoqualmie Valley. When finished, the trail will wind gently through mature second growth forest on the western slope of the Middle Fork Valley’s most iconic peak, Mount Garfield. Volunteers will help complete block steps by moving fill materials, and define trail surfaces to prevent future erosion.
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
Family fun in the nursery!See Details : Family fun in the nursery!
Habitat Restoration along Pickering ReachSee Details : Habitat Restoration along Pickering Reach
Continue potting trees at the Nursery!See Details : Continue potting trees at the Nursery!