Camp Brown Day-Use Area: National Public Lands Day
In collaboration with the United States Forest Service, the Greenway Trust has almost completed construction of the newest day-use area in the Middle Fork Valley. Camp Brown Day-Use Area is nestled between Douglas Firs and Western Hemlocks along the Wild & Scenic River, the Middle Fork River, and will soon be home to 14 picnic areas for everyone to enjoy. Volunteers will participate in habitat restoration efforts to restore areas damaged by construction of the recreation area as well as construct the first of the many picnic tables to be implemented there.
Volunteers will meet at the Middle Fork Trailhead and be shuttled to their project site for this project.
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
Mercer Island Arbor Day 2019See Details : Mercer Island Arbor Day 2019
Duwamish Alive! Day with ECOSSSee Details : Duwamish Alive! Day with ECOSS