The Greenway photo tour stops here…and here…and here…oh and here too!
It seems like only a few months ago that we started with just a good idea – but the Mountains to Sound Greenway 20th Anniversary Photo Contest and Traveling Exhibition are officially now going gangbusters!
Since entries opened March 15, we have had more than a hundred photographers submit their photos of the Greenway. Entries close July 15, so if you have been waiting for that perfect sunrise or sunny day to get the photo you want, don’t wait too much longer.
We have just about finalized our list of exhibition sites. We are so excited to be exhibiting in some very vibrant Greenway communities. Here’s the schedule:
• Aug 15 – Sept 1: Issaquah Community Center.
• Sept 3 – Sept 22: Roslyn Visitor Center. This will coincide with Roslyn’s Coal Miner Days Festival on Labor Day, Sept 5 – a great time to visit beautiful Roslyn in Kittitas County. Partner: Roslyn Downtown Association
• Sept 24 – Oct 13: Duvall Grill and Tap Room. This is one of the Greenway’s first events in Duvall. With all the excellent tourism, sustainable business and agricultural initiatives going on there, Duvall is a great addition the Greenway fold. Partner: Duvall Foundation for the Arts.
• Oct 15 – Nov 1: Carter Subaru showroom, Ballard. Carter Subaru is a huge supporter of the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust. It will be cool to return the love with this great exhibition of Greenway images. Partner: Carter Subaru.
• Nov 3 – Nov 24 – Ellensburg Public Library. No doubt the magnificent images of the traveling exhibition will give the people of Ellensburg a good idea of what the Greenway is all about! Partner: Ellensburg Public Library
We are currently negotiating with some of our supporters and friends in Kirkland about hosting the exhibition there from Nov 26 – Dec 17. We’ll keep you posted!
And, speaking of good mates, the fine people at Homegrown Sustainable Sandwich Shops in Seattle are keen for their customers to check out the visual splendor that is the Mountains to Sound Greenway. Following the five month tour of the Greenway in 2011, the Traveling Exhibition will hang at Homegrown stores in Queen Anne and Fremont for 3 months in early 2012. Get down there, check out the photos, and snack on a tasty sandwich. (My favorite is the Roast Beef and Swiss…)
Want to know how your business or community group can get involved with the exhibition? Email me at jakelynchcommunity (at) gmail (dot) com