To register to vote in Washington, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Washington state
- At least 18 years old by election day
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order
- Not under Department of Corrections supervision for a Washington felony conviction
Read more about who can vote in Washington.
How to register
You can register online, 24 hours a day, at the Washington Secretary of State’s website.
To register online, you will need:
- A current Washington State driver license, or
- A current Washington State ID card
If you do not have either of these, you can still register by mail or in-person.
Download and print a voter registration form or request a form be mailed to you and mail it to the County Elections Office.
If you don’t have a printer, you can also request a voter registration form be mailed to you.
- King County
919 SW Grady Way
Renton, WA 98057
- Kittitas County
205 W 5th Ave, Ste 105
Ellensburg, WA 98926-2891
Dates & Deadlines
Voter Registration Deadlines
- In Person: 8 days before Election Day
- By Mail: Postmarked 29 days before Election Day
- Online: 29 days before Election Day
- July 29 2019: Voter registration deadline
- August 6 2019: Primary Election Day
- September 24 2019: National Voter Registration Day
- October 28 2019: Voter registration deadline
- November 5 2019: General Election Day