WHAT: The Greenway Trust partners with Pacific Education Institute, Highline School District, and Riverview School District to offer a paid internship experience for two cohorts of high school students to learn about conservation careers while earning a stipend and graduation credit.
Riverview: June 27 – August 5 (30 hours/week).
Highline: June 27 – July 29 (180 hours total).
WHO: High school students from the Highline School District or Riverview School District.
WHERE: Highline SD students meet at WELS (Burien) and Riverview SD students meet at TBD.
- Experience working as part of a restoration crew.
- Work alongside restoration professionals from the US Forest Service, WA Department of Natural Resources, King County, Burien PaRCS, and Seattle Parks and Rec.
- Explore green careers related to natural resources, conservation, ecological restoration, and land management.
- Become familiar with Pacific NW plants, including how and why to replace invasive plants with native ones.
- Highline: Includes two overnight camping trips of two nights each.
- Stipend of $1,800.
- Graduation credit.
- Lunch, transportation, and safety gear is provided.
How to Participate:
Sign up for Restoration Ecology summer course through your school district.
Questions? Contact Becca Kedenburg, Education Program Manager, at email@example.com