Women in the Woods on Thorp Creek Trail
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
This event will mark the third Women in the Woods event of the summer! Be sure to join us on the east side of the Cascades, working on the Thorp Creek Trail! This a trail with moderate difficulty and is well frequented as a day hike. It meanders through old growth forests and grassy hillsides as hikers, bikers and equestrians alike follow the stream to Lake Kachess. Due to its popularity, this trail needs a lot of volunteer support in maintaining tread and creating a safe access point to the water. Thanks for volunteering with us!
Trail needs and accessibility vary during the summer season, please be aware of potential site change but expect to hear from us before the event. Thank you for your understanding!