Trail Maintenance at the Si Complex
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
The Talus Loop Trail offers the road less traveled version of the ever-popular Mount Si Trail. This moderately steep, almost four-mile loop trail takes hikers to the eastern slopes of Mount Si and offers views of Snoqualmie Valley and wanderings through second growth forests. It is a great escape from the crowds while still enjoying the beauty of the mountain. However, since it is an often over looked trail, it is in need of significant improvements. Volunteer work may include maintaining trail drainage, creating rock walls, and brushing trail corridor. Thanks for volunteering with us!