Trail Maintenance at Mt. Teneriffe
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes that can get muddy
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Rain gear
- Warm layers that you can put on/off as you work
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
An increasingly popular route to Teneriffe (formally known as Kamikaze) Falls, near Mount Si, currently follows a narrow boot path that hugs the creek on its steep upward ascent. In order to avoid further erosion and creek damage, the Department of Natural Resources and the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust are constructing a new trail to Teneriffe Falls that provides sweeping views of the surrounding valley, a challenging climb, frequent views of the creek, and access to the base of the falls. The new trail will provide increased access and a more sustainable route for hikers. The work includes trail construction and maintenance.