Rattlesnake Ledge Gear Haul
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
Rattlesnake Mountain is one of the most accessible and popular recreation areas in the Greenway. In 1992 and 1993, the Greenway worked to acquire the land into public ownership (the mountain area was previously mostly privately owned). Since then, volunteers have worked to maintain the quality of this natural area by removing invasive plants in addition to improving and maintaining the trail.
Volunteers will help haul bridge materials up the Rattlesnake Ledge Trail! If you like carrying heavy objects and collaborating with other volunteers to move trail maintenance materials uphill, this is the event for you.