Nature Trails: National Public Lands Day
The Nature Trails are part of a loop trail system through second growth forest, complete with moss blanketed forest floors and access to the Taylor River. This makes it an awe inspiring place to explore with family and friends while camping at the Middle Fork Campground. Volunteers will support the Greenway Trust by moving gravel to complete the graveled trail, which provides a hardened trail surface and discourages social trail use throughout the area.
For safety, volunteers are required to wear:
- Long pants (we’ll be working with tools, so no shorts!)
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes (absolutely no sandals)
In addition, we recommend that participants bring:
- Warm layers, especially during the fall, winter, and spring
- Rain gear
- Big sack lunch
- Water for the day (3 liters minimum)
- Small daypack for lunch, extra layers, etc.
Tentative: First Mailbox Gear Haul of the Decade!See Details : Tentative: First Mailbox Gear Haul of the Decade!