The Greenway Trust shares our community’s concern about the COVID-19 virus. Our thoughts go out to individuals and families who have already been affected. We are closely monitoring the situation and tracking guidance from public health officials regarding ways to reduce the risk of disease transmission for staff and participants in our programming.
Based on current recommendations from King County, State, and Federal health officials, the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust is making the following modifications to our operations and programming. We will assess these modifications on an ongoing basis and update them as directed by new or revised public health guidance. We will communicate any updates or changes on our website: mtsgreenway.org.
Individual precautions everyone should take:
- If you are not feeling well, or have a household member who is sick, stay home.
- If you are at higher risk of severe illness (e.g., over 60, have an underlying medical condition, have a weakened immune system, or are pregnant), stay home.
- If you must be in a public setting, maintain 6 feet of physical distance and wear a mask or face covering.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay up-to-date with public health guidelines, as the situation is evolving rapidly. We’ve included links to resources at the bottom of this page.
One thing you shouldn’t do is stigmatize people based on ethnicity. Coronavirus doesn’t discriminate, and neither will we.
All Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust volunteer events are cancelled until further notice. If you have questions about Greenway volunteer events, please contact Caroline Villanova – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenway education events will follow the lead of school closures recommended by public health officials, with all events cancelled when schools are closed. Greenway staff will communicate directly with teachers and school staff about any cancellations or modifications to field trips and classroom lessons. If you have questions about Greenway education events, please contact Becca Kedenburg – email@example.com.
We are actively monitoring recommendations and weighing options regarding other Greenway events and will provide updates on a case-by-case basis as decisions are made.
For information about recreation closures and re-openings and alternative ways to connect with nature, click here.
More information about COVID-19:
- Public Health – Seattle and King County: https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/communicable-diseases/disease-control/novel-coronavirus.aspx
- Washington State Department of Health: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Your health and safety are our top priority, and we will do our best to communicate additional updates as the situation evolves. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Jon Hoekstra – firstname.lastname@example.org.