Join our team! The Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust is sponsoring two seasonal Individual Placements through the Washington Service Corps AmeriCorps program. These positions offer an opportunity to serve across the restoration, education, and volunteer programs offered by the Greenway Trust. As an integral part of the Field Team, your service will help youth make personal, positive connections with the natural world and gain natural resource management experience in a blend of forest and riparian ecosystems from the Puget Sound to Central Washington.
Field Associates are dynamic, team players who serve across our Field Programs. The Greenway Education Program engages 4th-12th grade students in classroom lessons, field study trips, service- learning volunteer restoration events, special events, and a paid internship for high school-aged youth. Curriculum topics include forest ecosystems, salmon, land use, and biodiversity. The Restoration Program offers hands-on involvement on a wide variety of projects and agency partnerships. The Volunteer Program engages over 4,000 individuals on stewardship events annually. Each event is an opportunity to foster stewardship and care of public lands and gives volunteers the opportunity to “give back” to the lands where they live, work, and play.
This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about the natural world and engaging with individuals to improve it.
- Teamwork: Serve across all Field Programs alongside Greenway Trust staff, agency and nonprofit partners, and volunteers. Support Greenway Trust efforts in the Snoqualmie Valley, Middle Fork, and Upper Yakima Basin.
- Event Leadership: Lead volunteer land stewardship events in the Greenway on weekdays and Saturdays. Educate volunteers about the Greenway, project history, restoration ecology, and trail maintenance while building community.
- Education: Responsibilities change seasonally and include: teach classroom lessons, lead field study trips, facilitate service-learning stewardship events, support high school summer internship program.
- Outreach: Represent the Greenway Trust at special events, including career fairs, public engagement events, and education fairs.
- Program Assistance: Support programs by tracking education, volunteer, and restoration metrics in Salesforce, assist in curating the Greenway Trust’s photo library, updating and creating education and outreach materials.
- Nursery: Assist with maintaining the Greenway Trust’s Native Plant Nursery, including inventory, hosting volunteer events, weeding, fertilizing, and organizing potted stock plants.
- Field Base Support: Assist with the Greenway Trust’s field base maintenance, which includes hand & power tool repair and maintenance, vehicle inspections, tool inventory management, etc.
WSC provides a living stipend of $1,950 (before taxes). The Greenway Trust provides mileage reimbursement at the current state rate for approved personal vehicle use and an ORCA bus card.Learn More