Sponsor a Class
The Mountains to Sound Greenway Education Program teaches 4th-10th grade students in King County schools about the challenge of sustaining a healthy, natural environment in balance with the needs of a growing population. Teachers may sign up for an in-class activity, a field study trip to a forest ecosystem at Tiger Mountain, and/or an ecological restoration event, where students care for native plants, remove invasive weeds or plant native trees and shrubs.
Your gift directly creates opportunities for more children to receive high-quality, experience-based science education; many of whom have never before set foot in a forest. Your gift of:
- $30,000 will add to initial program grants to fully fund the Greenway outdoor education program for a school year.
- $6,400 will fund an in-class lesson, field study trip and hands-on ecological restoration event for four classes at one school - 8 hours instruction per student for approximately 100 students.
- $900 will fund an in-class lesson and field study trip for one classroom, including bus
transportation - 5 hours instruction per student.
- $700 will fund a stewardship event for one class to do hands-on ecological restoration, including bus transportation - 3 hours instruction per student.
- $200 will fund bus transportation to a field study trip or ecological restoration event.
- $36 will fund one student for an in-class lesson and field study trip - 5 hours instruction per student.
Your generous gift will engage young people in outdoor science education, ensuring the next generation’s capacity to care for the spectacular Mountains to Sound Greenway!
There are several ways to make a donation to the Mountains to Sound Greenway Education Program.
- Visit our Donation page to make an online donation via Network for Good
- Contact Rachel Allison, Outreach Program Associate, at 206.382.5565 ext 21 to make a donation via credit card
- Or mail a check (noting that your donation supports the Greenway Education Program) to:
Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust
911 Western Ave, Suite 203
Seattle, WA 98104