Sponsor a Class
The Mountains to Sound Greenway Education Program teaches 4th-12th grade students in King County schools about the challenge of sustaining a healthy, natural environment in balance with the needs of a growing population. Teachers may sign up for an in-class activity, a field study trip to a forest ecosystem at Tiger Mountain, and/or a stewardship event, where students care for native plants, remove invasive weeds or plant native trees and shrubs.
Our field trip to Tiger Mountain led by Mountains to Sound Greenway was spectacular. The content was incredibly engaging and relevant, the staff leading it were equally knowledgeable about the content and how to engage and manage children. My students came away exhilarated and with a deep understanding of the ideal habit that salmon need to survive, and even more importantly they came away knowing how to find this out, so that they could easily repeat the process on another stream. I also very much appreciated the high level of science and vocabulary the students were engaged with. Thank you, we will be back every year!
Lina Rose, 5th grade teacher
- $30,000 will add to initial program grants to fully fund the Greenway outdoor education program for a school year.
- $6,400 will fund an in-class lesson, field study trip and hands-on ecological restoration event for four classes at one school - 8 hours instruction per student for approximately 100 students.
- $900 will fund an in-class lesson and field study trip for one classroom, including bus
transportation - 5 hours instruction per student.
- $700 will fund a stewardship event for one class to do hands-on ecological restoration, including bus transportation - 3 hours instruction per student.
- $200 will fund bus transportation to a field study trip or ecological restoration event.
- $36 will fund one student for an in-class lesson and field study trip - 5 hours instruction per student.
Your generous gift will engage young people in outdoor science education, ensuring the next generation’s capacity to care for the spectacular Mountains to Sound Greenway!
To make a gift to the Mountains to Sound Greenway Education Program:
- Visit our to make an online donation via Network for Good
- Contact Stefanie Nelson at 206.382.5565 ext 21 to make a donation via credit card
- Or mail a check (noting that your donation supports the Greenway Education Program) to:
Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust
911 Western Ave, Suite 203
Seattle, WA 98104